Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Poem: Earth, In Our Hand


Source

 
Broken bottles, scattered pieces of glass,
Old Newspaper tossed on the ground,
Plastic bottles, polystyrene and garbage.
Is this the environment that surrounds us?

Water filled with a layer of crude oil ,
Rubbish drifting on it;
All wildlife destined to a slow awful doom.
Should mankind ignore all of these?

Stand up, raise the awareness and solve the problems.
Protect, preserve and conserve,
It is our environment and our mother earth,
The earth, is in our hand.


Justification:
Today, I had been involved in the mangrove trees clean-up programme. The moment I saw the rubbish and all unwanted substances here and there, I realised that humans nowadays are very irresponsible, including me. I was sad and disappointed. I hope everyone can at least do something, even a small, simple thing to protect the environment. The earth provides us with everything, so we should be thankful. It is time for us to protect it.


Source of the Poem:http://www.familyfriendpoems.com/poem/awareness-about-our-environment


No comments: